Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2002 front bumper on a 2001 996?

i want to replace my 2001 996 cab4 front bumper w/ a a 2002 turbo bumper. both bumpers are oem. will this work w/o modifications? thank you

2001 have the old style hearlights. 2002 have the "Turbo" style headlight. So to use the 2002 bumper you need new fenders, headlights, etc. The are sources for a turbo look bumper for a 2001 or earlier car, but most are fiberglass rather than polyurethane.

i want to replace my 2001 996 cab4 front bumper w/ a a 2002 turbo bumper. both bumpers are oem. will this work w/o modifications? thank you

2001 have the old style hearlights. 2002 have the "Turbo" style headlight. So to use the 2002 bumper you need new fenders, headlights, etc. The are sources for a turbo look bumper for a 2001 or earlier car, but most are fiberglass rather than polyurethane.

Thanks for the info.

Just switched over to OEM turbo front bumper on my 2002 996 cab. Relatively simple if you get the correct front inner wheel well liners for a C4S plus the center underbody panel that attaches the unibody to the front bumper. You will also need to remove about 3 1/2 inches at each end of the aluminum inner bumper strip that attaches to the car so it will clear the air inlets on the turbo bumber. As noted before the headlights are different for pre-02 cars and you will need turbo/ '02 or newer headlights...not sure on the fenders being different. There is a great post here on step by step instructions on installing one of these bumpers. I strongly suggest getting the correct front inner fender liners and the center filler panel instead of trying to use the ones you already have as they really don't line up very well (I ended up getting the new ones)

Hope this helps

sb

Hi there i am just doing a complete make over on my 996 C2 non facelift model, Here are some pics of the front turbo bumper. This is a MASHAW one i bought off someone from the porscheclubgb forum. £200.00 It took a while to adjust it as the front top section just under the bonnet Sorry (hood) is fully adjustable to get the bumper to line up correctly with the said hood. Anyway good luck.

Steve UK

post-8661-1142112093_thumb.jpg

post-8661-1142112155_thumb.jpg

Hi there i am just doing a complete make over on my 996 C2 non facelift model, Here are some pics of the front turbo bumper. This is a MASHAW one i bought off someone from the porscheclubgb forum. £200.00 It took a while to adjust it as the front top section just under the bonnet Sorry (hood) is fully adjustable to get the bumper to line up correctly with the said hood. Anyway good luck.

Steve UK

Tried 6speedonline a couple of times today. they have let their domain name expire and you can't get them