Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Strange goings on with my Boxster's driver's side window

So I just bought a 2002 Boxster base a couple months ago.  Very happy with the car, but as it's elderly I have a decently long punch list.  It's had an intermittent issue with the driver's side window that has me perplexed.  When I first got it the window would randomly adjust up and down while driving.  I searched online and discovered that most wacky window behavior could be traced to the micro switch or door latch, so I ordered both.  Prior to installing the switch and latch the problem suddenly went away for about a month.  Unfortunately it recently returned and since I don't like the idea of not being able to lock my doors I decided it was finally time to install the new parts.  Needless to say, it did nothing.  I was ready to go ahead and order a convertible top switch when I discovered that pulling on the door handle made it stop most times.  I also discovered that both door lights were missing, so the previous owner was hip to the issue and neglected to tell me about it.  Oh, well.  I'm guessing that I'm gonna be on a bad wiring hunt this weekend.  Any ideas of where to start?  Anyone else dealt with this phenomena?

Tried it several times today but no luck.  I got it to close the window completely twice but had to return both times to shut off the alarm as the window had auto-dropped again while I was gone.  Tonight when I got home from work I tried one more time as when I closed the door I got a rapid fire auto-drop and back up symphony.  Luckily it wasn't raining on the way home so I just cracked the window a bit to prevent it.  On the way to work this morning I drove with one hand pulling the handle most of the way due to it raining.

• Admin

Chances are you are going to need to get into the inner door by removing the panel. Besides the microswitches look for wear on the the latch mechanism (for remote locking) as those wear out also. Check the windows regulator (cable) if it is worn replace it.