Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello,

Having rough runing. Durametrics scan this codes. Seems the problem can be cylinder #1 misfire. What can be the possibles issues? Spark plugs? Coil #1? Anything else?

Thanks in advance

20240624_153353.jpg

• Moderators

The P0130 and 0150 codes are both potential wiring harness issues (shorts or low voltage signals).  If the car was in my shop, I would make note of the codes and then clear them all, and then take the car out for a run to see what comes back.  It is unusual for both O2 sensors ahead of the main cat to develop problems simultaneously, so it could be a harness problem rather than the sensors themselves.  If the 0130 and 0150 codes return, I would check the sensors themselves for the correct voltages; if they check out, I would start looking at the harness for shorts or other issues.  The misfires could be connected to the sensor issues, or a coil or plug problem. 

Thanks for reply, 

I cleared the codes and reappeared again. What mean the P1313? Can a Single coil problem cause the simultaneous O2 sensor bilateral?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, jose said:

Thanks for reply, 

I cleared the codes and reappeared again. What mean the P1313? Can a Single coil problem cause the simultaneous O2 sensor bilateral?

Not really, the misfire may just be a separate issue, but a misfire on one bank cannot cause an O2 issue on the other bank.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for reply, 

I have an update pictures of cylinder #1 coil. Coolant reservoir hose might be the culprit.

20240709_155108.jpg

Photo_2024-07-09 15_52_21_445.JPG

Photo_2024-07-09 15_43_19_813.JPG

Edited by jose

I cannot understand why this hose was there. My last mechanic replaced the waterpump and coolant cap not too many miles ago.

I made a purchased same brand "beru". I will attempt to do it my self and reroute the hose. I'll rescan and report results.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Update. Coil replaced. Same codes. Passenger side axsust seems misfiring. Driver side is okay.

20240723_170139.jpg

Edited by jose

• Moderators

Did you clear all the codes after changing the coil?  If not, do so now, and then wait to see what returns,

There are only a few reasons why a cylinder misfires: Coil is bad, plug is bad, coil is not getting power or firing signal from the DME.

• Moderators

Then you need to pull the plug on that cylinder and check it out and then start running electrical diagnostics on the cylinder in question; is the coil seeing full voltage, are there any shorts or voltage drops in the coil harness wires, is the coil seeing a firing signal, etc.

Posted (edited)

I have durametrics with very limited knowledge. Basically reading the codes. But with specific instructions I can follow and post results.

Edited by jose

• Moderators

It is extremely hard to read your screen shots due to the reflections, but from what I can see, the O2 sensors look like they are performing correctly.

As for the misfires, you are going to need much more than the diagnostic software to trace it.  The coil packs on these engines have multiple leads running to them, which would require a wiring diagram for you decipher which is which.  One wire carries a 12V signal on it at all times the engine is running, another of the wires runs all the way to the DME where the DME creates a momentary ground at the moment the coil should fire; you would need a digital multimeter to check these harness wires for the correct voltage on the power lead, and a ground signal on the wiring going to the DME only when the DME creates it; if shows a ground at any other time, there is a short to ground between the coil and the DME causing it to constantly fire; if there is no short to ground, the DME MUST create a momentary ground at the correct crank rotation point for the coil to fire the plug. If that is not happening, either the wire is cut before it reaches the DME, or the DME is acting up.

If all this is out of your depth, I would suggest taking the car to a qualified Porsche shop for them to have a look at it.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, jose said:

Must add an important point. I Replaced the coil and erased code retest it but in the process I cleaned the MAF sensor and forgot connect it back. Again, erase it took those screenshot. No check engine light yet. But engine feels rough "idle".

If you ran it without the MAF connected, the engine should idle fine.