Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire

ok I have a bad consistent misfire and have a p code p0304.

Now I've pulled the coil pack and checked the connection and the sparkplug and all looked fine. I put it all together and forgot to plug the wire back onto the coil pack and noticed the misfire hadn't gotten any worse or better so I think my coil pack is bad. Anyone have any input on my diagnosis?

Anyone know the readings I should get from the coil pack if I hook it to a Ohm meter?

Need this info asap cause in here at the shop and want to get this show on the road, thanks in advanced

Im not sure thats right... I pulled the connection from the 2nd cylinder on the drivers side and got a misfire cylinder #5... and the head on the passenger side looks alot further forward than the Head on the Drivers side of the engine.

So i assume its:

FRONT

4-6 | |1-3

REAR

|

TRANSMISSION

Reverse this as it is for a Carrera.

post-1-1212443891_thumb.png

You don't need to reverse it, the cylinder numbering is the same between the Boxster and 911, just the engine faces the other way.

thus the numbering is

-----1--- 2---3

Front----------Rear

-----4----5---6

Not sure if that is what you meant or not Loren.

Todd

Edited by tholyoak

• Moderators

Once you figure out which coil it is. I don't know how you test it. But.

Marvin who has worked at 2 local dealerships showed me a coil that looked new to me, but he said it was used. I asked him why he had a used coil and he said it was cracked. I have seen cracked coils before and the crack was very obvious.

I could not see the crack until he pointed it out to me. I would call it less than a hairline crack. I can see the crack in the picture only because he pointed it out to me.

post-4-1212460302_thumb.jpg

well my guess was a good one. Bought the beru coilpack from worldpac for $49 and removed the coil over cylinder #4 then installed it in 15 minutes. Cleared the codes and fired it up, smooth idling & acceleration now. Thanks for all u help guys.